10/22/10

I NEED YOU TO THINK BACK AND REMEMBER!


STEVIE
PAUL SIMON
 We had a discussion at my 9 to 5x5; If there was a Music Poet Laureate named for America, who would it be? Really, we have had some great song writers who have touched the depths of our souls, made us think and inspired us to do! In our office round table many names came about, Stevie Wonder, Tupac, Carole King, Paul Simon, Lennon & McCartney and R.Kelly just to name a few.    
CAROLE KING
R. KELLY


I took it upon myself to pose this question on my twitter page (KNOWWAX@twitter.com) to see if there was one constant voice but I was hit with another cadre of names  from Curtis Mayfield to Bob Marley to "Weird" Al Yankovich (who the Hell submitted his name?) Well, here's your chance. If you haven't already think back to a lyricist who you believe speaks for the masses??? I would appreciate your feedback here!

__________________________


WAYMAN,
JEFF LORBER & KNOWWAX
THE FONK RECORD
Wayman Tisdale's latest posthumous work, "The Fonk Record" is now in circulation although it's not on iTunes yet. The first single features George Duke and is called "Let's Ride." There is also a cut featuring George Clinton and another song with the late Ali Woodson (of the Temptation's fame) on lead vocals. My jam on the record though, is buried deep in the CD, in fact it's the last cut, and it is called "Wayman's Gotta Do It!" Gotta Do It, features a funk-box vocal and I promise you it will make the stiffest necks wobble! Trust a brother, this song will move the Big Tiz's fonk needle to 100%!

No comments:

Post a Comment